Giardia is a common intestinal parasite that affects not only dogs but also cats and humans. It can cause symptoms like diarrhea, vomiting, gas, and abdominal discomfort in dogs. The Giardia Antigen Rapid Test is a lateral flow immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative detection of Giardia antigen (Giardia Ag) in dog’s feces or vomit specimen.
Assay Time: 5-10 minutes
◇ Test Procedure
○ Collect dog’s fresh feces or vomit with the cotton swab from dog’s anus or from the ground.
○ Insert the swab into the provided assay buffer tube. Agitates it to get efficient sample extraction.
○ Take out the test device from the foil pouch and place it horizontally.
○ Suck the treated sample extraction from the assay buffer tube and place 3 drops into the sample hole “S” of the test device.
○ Interpret the result in 5-10 minutes. Result after 10 minutes is considered as invalid.
- All reagents must be at room temperature before running the assay.
- Do not remove test cassette from its pouch until immediately before use.
- Do not use the test beyond its expiration date.
- The components in this kit have been quality control tested as standard batch unit. Do not mix components from different lot numbers.
- All specimens are of potential infection. It must be strictly treated according to the rules and regulations by local states.