The Feline Corona Virus Antigen Rapid Test is a test cassette to detect the presence of Feline Corona virus antigen (FCoV Ag) in cat’s pleural fluid, ascitic fluid or feces specimen, to provide a reference for diagnosis of Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP) infection.
Assay Time: 5-10 minutes
Specimen: Pleural fluid, ascitic fluid or feces.
◇ Test Procedure
- Allow all materials, including specimen and test device, recover to 15-25℃ before running the assay.
- Take out the test device from the foil pouch and place it horizontally.
- Collect the pleural fluid or ascitic fluid from the patient cat, do filtration and centrifuge to get rid of the impurities. Use the clear fluid in the assay. If it is pleural fluid or ascitic fluid, using a dropper to place 1 drop (approx.40μL ) of the prepared fluid specimen into the sample hole “S” of the test device. Then drop 2 drops (approx. 80μL) of the assay buffer into the sample hole immediately. NOTE: If fluid specimen is enough, place around 0.5mL of fluid specimen into the assay buffer and mix well for use directly.
- If it is feces specimen, collecting a tip of cat’s feces with the swab stick. Insert the swab into the provide assay buffer tube for dilution. Shake to make it sufficiently resolved and use the mixture in the assay.
- Interpret the result in 15-20 minutes. Result after 20 minutes is considered as invalid.